maandag 19 februari 2024

Winterlove......

 

Winter love near the IJmuiden lighthouse

It was cold that evening, a thick layer of snow, not a little cold but -20 degrees with a strong, chilly wind.

Like every evening I go to the beach at the harbor area in IJmuiden near the Lighthouse to feed the stray cats, it was quiet, none of the animals showed themselves so I decided to call them by their name...  .....but nothing, no sound.......the lashing wind blew over your head and to make matters worse, it started snowing heavily again.

I decided to call them again but nothing happened...

I thought for once I would take a look in their sleeping cage, you usually don't do this to respect the animals' sense of security... I opened the hatch... and there was Gekko the cat lying brotherly close to a  fox to get through the cold of that night.........



 


                                  Painting by Henk Dekkers

                                                  For sale

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten